PreSonus ADL 700 Tube Channel Strip Reviews
August 9, 2013 by Ryan Roullard
Parents are always proud of their children, even the ones who have ornery rugrats who mark up the walls with crayon. We treat pro audio product development a lot like parenthood. Our gear is shaped by our experiences, and we instill in our offspring the virtues we hold dearest. It’s a labor of love. And of course, the fateful day must arrive when a product matures, is all grown up, and is released into the world—hopefully to live out the values shaped by our guiding, if solder-burned, hands.
However, that’s pretty much where the similarities end. If you ask a parent who their favorite child is, the universal standard answer is that the parent in question loves all their children the same.
Not so with us. The ADL 700 Tube Channel Strip is far and away our best, most favorite child, and now that it’s graduated from LSU and made it’s way into the world, it has started to reap the recognition we—and plenty of others—feel it deserves.
Some gems follow. Click the publication names to link to the full review, where available.
- “ADL 700 features performance that approaches the best of the best, though at half to two-thirds the cost of the competition… Vocalists seem to love it, citing clarity, presence and even preference over my usual premium signal chain—generally Chandler Limited, Manley Labs, and Neve components.”
-Pro Audio Review, Feb. 2013
- “This is a terrific tool, worthy of consideration by seasoned professionals.”
-Resolution, March 2013
- “…an incredibly adaptable mic preamp—one that you could use on anything. I’d love to have for or five of ’em.”
–Tape Op, Jan/Feb 2013
The ADL 700 is available via our Signature Dealers. Click here for a list of where to find the ADL 700 in the USA. If you live outside the USA, please contact the official PreSonus distributor in your area to find out where you can hear/obtain the ADL 700 for yourself. You can find your region’s distributor by clicking here.
Here are some artist opinions on the ADL 700. We’re flattered!
- “ADL 700 is an INCREDIBLE mic pre!! Next level of anything I’ve ever used—very quiet and warm sounding. I’ve only had GREAT results!!”
-Teddy Riley, Producer (Micheal Jackson, Bobby Brown, Usher)
- “The ADL 700 makes acoustic guitars sound smooth and sweet and vocals are big and clean.”
-Keb’ Mo, three-time Grammy-winning singer-songwriter
- “…gives the artist warmth and a lot of body. The ADL 700 gives me everything I need and has become my new favorite preamp.”
-Nick Cooper, vocal instructor, (Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj)
- “The ADL 700 is a serious and versatile channel strip with a smooth compressor and impressive EQ. Perfect for our basses, vocals,and anything else we plug into it. We love it!”
-Bass Monsters Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey
Posted in Preamps and Processors
Tags: ADL 700, Reviews