Notion 6.4’s New Features
NEW FEATURES in Notion 6.4!
Notion 6.4 is here, adding integration with the just-released Studio One 4, and a bevy of other new features! This is a free update for Notion 6 owners that can be obtained by clicking “Check for Updates” within Notion.
Enhanced integration with Studio One v4
With Studio One’s new Chord Track & Key Signature, the integration with Notion has become more powerful than ever. See all the details in the updated User Guide here.
Receive Chords from Studio One’s new Chord Track
Quickly make a lead-sheet, complete with Studio One’s new chords, all with the right formatting and transpositions!
Receive Studio One’s new key signature—This means imported note data can now be “spelt” properly, with the correct enharmonic.
Receive any customised markers from Studio One’s marker track, and display as Rehearsal Marks
- You can now make a selection first to paste and replace the contents (this is just an option – you can paste as normal at the cursor for the same result)
- New shortcut for Paste Insert: [Win] Ctrl+Shift+V or [macOS] Cmd+Shift+V
- Paste Insert also added to right click context menu (in addition to Edit>Paste Insert)
- The whole measure is now not replaced/overwritten when pasting a partial measure.
- Paste no longer causes rhythmic changes, when pasting multiple times between different voices or between a grand staff
- Paste now ignores ties in other voices on a grand staff
New text box behaviour
- New checkbox “Link to metadata” in Score>Add Title/Header/Footer. This unlinks a new text box from others of the same style meaning you can create multiples of e.g. copyright notices. This is useful for e.g. creating long copyright notices (such as those required for SMP Press)
All Fixes and Enhancements
Rules, Presets and Sequencer Staff
- East West Quantum Leap presets now loading as expected for most users. Note – You may need to relink your Favourites/Paths to your sample folder from within Play.Legacy presets (from Notion 6.3 and earlier) are still available from your my.presonus.com account
- Updated preset for LA Scoring Strings – please login to your Audiobro account and download from there
- [Win] Custom expressions now showing in Rules Editor as expected
- Shift+Alt+Up/Down now adjusts velocity of a group of notes in increments of 1, as expected
- Up/down arrows now adjusting selected CC data in sequencer staff as expected
- Files now transfer as expected from Studio One, when the file name has non-ASCII characters (e.g. Korean, Japanese, Chinese characters)
- Tuplet dialog is now translated properly in Japanese language
- Music intervals are now translated properly in German language, in transposition window
- Alternative shortcut added for Next/Previous Rehearsal marks – this is for different language keyboards that do not have [ or ] keys (Win: Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right and Mac: Cmd+Shift+Left/Right)
- [Win] Surface Pen button now brings up Context menu as expected following Windows 10 Update
- [macOS] Video now attaches to score as expected
- Chord summary at bottom of first page, now saving properly
- Shortcuts PDF updated