Our recent “Why I Switched to Studio One” video contest was such a smashing success that we decided to kick it up a notch.
So, here’s your contest. Prime directive? Extrapolate! The whole human race deserves to know why you chose the StudioLive mixer out of the billions and billions of mixers available in our little blue corner of the galaxy. The best video, as chosen by PreSonus galactic overlords, will receive the flagship mixer of our next generation, the StudioLive 32.4.2AI—a $3,999 value.
So, again, we want videos. Billions and billions of videos! This contest shares much in common with the last contest, but with the following upgrades:
- No online voting this time. PreSonus will choose the winning video. Last time we got a lot of fraudulent votes that we traced to an IP address in a pirate sector of Zeta Centauri.
- The second-place winner will receive a pair of Sceptre S8 monitors, a $1,999 value.
- Non-English submissions are welcome, but must include English subtitles to qualify for entry.
- Please keep your videos around 1:30, 2:00 maximum. Videos even one picosecond over 2:00 will not be considered for entry.
Here’s the rest of the guidelines.
Create a video detailing why you chose the StudioLive mixer over the universe of mixers available.
- Be specific about why you chose the StudioLive. Discuss your favorite most-used features.
- Be mindful of the YouTube generation’s attention span. Keep it around 1:30.
- Upload the video to YouTube, and make sure it’s set to be publicly viewable.
- Submit your link at Facebook.com/PreSonus, using the VIDEO CONTEST application viewable under our cover photo. All fields are required. Submit by October 1, 2013 to qualify.
- That’s it! You’re entered!
Here’s what we’re NOT in search of:
- Nudity, profanity, violence, or any content that YouTube would remove your video over.
- Videos that are too long. Keep it around 1:30, please.
- “I like Studio One, AND NOW HERE’S MY BAND CHECK US OUT WE’LL BE PLAYING AT THE HOQIUAM SENIOR CENTER ON SATURDAY.” Stay on-topic.
- If you use music in the video, it must be your own. No cover songs.
- Film school projects/Oscar Contenders. You don’t need a Director of Photography, Hair & Makeup department, or Final Cut Pro to win. But it might help.
The grand prize winner will receive a StudioLive 32.4.2AI, and a free upgrade to Studio One Professional 2.5. If you’re already running Studio One Pro 2.5, we can connect you with the PreSonus product of your choice as long as it’s under $300 in value.
The second place winner will receive a pair of Sceptre S8 monitors.
All video content submitted becomes the property of PreSonus Audio Electronics. Winner will be announced on or around October 2, 2013
Full lawyer-appeasing legalese can be found here.
The 32.4.2AI is light years ahead of previous StudioLive consoles, offering:
- Double the amount of onboard internal effects buses and graphic EQs
- Six mute groups
- User-assignable Quick Scene buttons.
- A Wi-Fi LAN adapter–no computer required for wireless connectivity!
- 64 times the processing power and 10,000 times the amount of RAM of the StudioLive 24.4.2.