Introducing the StudioLive Flex DSP Update!
[UPDATED 3-28-19: The FLEX DSP Update is LIVE! GET IT!]
Big news for StudioLive Series III mixer owners—get ready for some dramatic improvements to your mixer in the new StudioLive FLEX DSP update!
This update,w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶, which you can get RIGHT NOW, consists of:
- Universal Control 3.0
- UC Surface 3.0
- StudioLive Series III Firmware 2.0
- Capture 3.0
- QMix-UC 3.0
- Studio One 4.1.4
Once you’ve installed the above, here’s what you’ll get:
New in StudioLive Series III Firmware 2.0:
- You’ll be able to place Fat Channel compressor and EQ plug-ins on every output bus simultaneously (this is in addition to every input channel supported in previous firmware)
- Scenes will be updated to improved Project/Scene workflow
- Ten highly customizable User Profiles with deep custom permissions settings
- Fader response now 50% faster
- Screen updates more than 70% faster
- Screen touch response 90% faster
- Scene loading up to 75% faster
- Increased USB and AVB channel counts: 128 (64×64) via each USB and AVB
Note that this update WILL restructure your existing scenes—be sure to back them up before installing the update! Click here for instructions on how to do that.
New in Capture 3.0:
- Export a Capture session from your computer for SD Card playback on a Series III console mixer
- Import and export AAF files for compatibility with other DAWS
- New metering options including Peak/RMS meter, adjustable RMS and VU-Hold time to better fit multiple various use cases
- Channel color syncs with Series III mixers
- Updated user interface with light and dark modes for better viewing in different environments
New in Studio One 4.1.4:
- This is a simple maintenance update to add compatibility with the above mixer features
New in UC Surface 3.0:
- Added support for all the amazing new features listed above!
Questions? Check out this series of videos from Ray on all the new stuff.