The Universal Control 1.8 update is now available and is strongly recommended for all AudioBox interfaces. The new update adds:
- AudioBox Series interface support, including new Windows driver and firmware updates for AudioBox VSL and i-Series
- A standalone uninstaller script for Mac that uninstalls classic Universal Control, Universal Control-AI, and AudioBox VSL software and drivers
- An installer package that cleans up removes installs more efficiently on Mac and Windows
- A Read Me in the Mac OS X installer
- Improved buffer and Safe Mode management for AudioBox interfaces
- Improved firmware update stability for AudioBox 1818VSL with Mac OS X
Universal Control 1.8 also is recommended for PreSonus Studio 192 and 192 Mobile interfaces and StudioLive AI and StudioLive RM mixers. It adds:
- Completely resizable UC Surface window
- A new name! Universal Control AI 1.6 is now Universal Control 1.8.
Owners of StudioLive Classic mixers and FireStudio-series interfaces should use Universal Control 1.74. Universal Control 1.74 and 1.8 may be co-installed to use products supported by each.