Notion 6.1.1 Maintenance Update—click “Check for updates” in Notion to download and install 6.1.1!
- Notion now recognizes whether touch is finger/capacitive stylus or digitizer stylus (Windows)
- Microsoft Surface Pen now brings up context menu with button
- When importing MIDI drum files, Notion uses GM mapping to put the notation in the expected place
- When using the onscreen drum pad, Notion now writes cymbals with cross-head note heads
- Studio One launcher added to the ‘Send to Studio One’ dialog
- Use cursor arrow keys to position articulations (and shift+arrow for fine tuning)
- The enharmonic tool (Shift+E) now also works with attached chord symbols
- Score>Dynamic Parts is now current score order, not order of creation
- End key now navigates to end of score (as Home does, to the start of a score)
- Notion now has the facility for network installs to copy preferences from a system level – this saves a lot of time in the classroom every time a new user logs on to particular machine. For more information about PreSonus’ Unlimited Site Licenses for education, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harpsichord sound is now fixed
- Organ and Chorus sounds retuned. (Download the keyboard installer from your my.presonus.com account and install. Restart Notion. You may also need to force Notion to rescan the folder – go to Preferences>Audio>Locate and reselect the sounds folder)
Release sound working better for short notes (an issue particularly noticeable with organ staccati)
- Drumset with unmeasured tremolo now responds to hairpins
Studio One interop
- Fix when exporting keyswitch data from Notion to Studio One – go to Tools>Use Rules and setup a rule with Keyswitches set to “Automatically send note-offs”
- Studio One launcher has been added to Send to Studio One dialog
- User is prompted to save, if closing after Studio One file transfer and no other changes have been made
- More space for text in Studio One dialog when in German
- Note durations now reflect articulation (e.g. staccato) when sending note data to Studio One
MIDI / MusicXML
- Verse number is now being properly recognized when importing MusicXML
- Fix occasional issue on MusicXML Export with hairpins
- User is prompted to save, if closing after MusicXML or MIDI file import and no other changes have been made
- Note durations now reflect articulation when exporting as MIDI
- Changing MIDI channel in Change Instrument dialog now works as expected
- Sequencer staff controller data now outputs on expected channel, not just channel 1
- When MIDI recording in with multi channel VSTi’s, sequencer staff now does not reset all events to Channel 1
- MIDI note length and velocity shortcuts now work if sequencer overlay is enabled
- Fix when using Duration Change in Rules
- Rules Editor dialog size now persistent when closing/reopening (Mac and Win)
- If having issues with smooth playback when using expression on external VSTi’s or MIDI ReWire, choose a different expression channel to the Notion hairpin map in the Rules Editor. For VSTi’s without velocity crossfade, you can also use the hairpin anchor in the Rules Editor – see Hairpin Anchor in the User Guide
- Video window on Mac no longer blank when re-shown
- Fix show/hide video during playback on Mac
- Bb and Eb instruments now go to the correct enharmonic key if in C#minor
If Transpose MIDI is checked then Bb and Eb instruments are now spelling as correctly in step time
- Option added to Staff Settings, to show circles around whole/half notes in tablature (default is off)
- Electric Bass now does not convert to treble clef when tab is turned off / standard notation shown again
- Flags now show on unbeamed cross-staff notes
- Fix stems not lining up on cross-staff chords
- Fix accidentals sometimes hiding on cross-staff notes
- When changing stem direction of beamed notes, it now does not affect the entire measure
- Measures now lay out as expected when empty
- Fix adding unwanted 11th and 13th notes to chord, when using chord type-in tool
- Clear Special now does not now remove Rules sets or harp tuning diagrams
- Adding interval below with Ctrl+Numpad, now fixed on Windows
- Scrolling in continuous view with a Windows tablet now redraws correctly
- Continuous view margin now does not clear when top staff is only partially visible
- Mixer window size now persistent when closing/reopening (Win only)
- Text better formatted and images fixed in MIDI Device Commands window
- More space in Preferences window (Windows only)
Just in time for V-day! If you own an existing DAW but would like to switch over to the most intuitive recording software on the planet, the Studio One Crossgrade was created just for you. You can get Studio One for less if you own one of the qualifying DAWs below, and even for less less on Feb. 14 and 15 of 2017! That’s only two days…
Qualifying DAWs include:
- Cubase 5 or higher
- Pro Tools 9 or higher
- Nuendo 5 or higher
- Logic 9, X
- Sonar X2 or higher
- Live 8 or higher
- Digital Performer 7 or higher
- Acid Pro 6 or higher
- Reason 6 or higher
- Reaper 4 or higher
- Samplitude 9 or higher
- Mixcraft Pro 6 or higher
- FL Studio 11 or higher
- Notion 5
- Bitwig Studio
- Tracktion T7 or higher
- Notion 6. Please Click HERE to crossgrade from Notion 6
Unlock the true power of Presence XT in Studio One
Presence XT Editor unlocks the Edit Page of Presence XT, the built-in sample player instrument of Studio One. This add-on turns a great-sounding instrument into a powerful sound design tool for musicians, producers, and sound-designers. With direct support for all major sampler formats, it’s the perfect host for any custom sampler sound library.
Finished sounds can be saved as Presence XT presets or exported in a compact sampler file containing all samples, mappings, scripts, and settings for convenient file sharing and exchange.
February is the month for showing some love for the things you love and we say let’s get Saxy with the Saxophone Bundle for Notion…
Here’s your chance to save 30% on the Classical Saxophone Bundle for Notion—down from the usual price of $29.99 USD to $19.99 USD! This world-class bundle was recorded using London Symphony Orchestra section leaders and players at Abbey Road Studios, London. You get three instruments in the bundle, including:
- Sopranino Sax
- Soprano Sax
- Contrabass Sax
Get Saxy this month–You’ll thank us later.
This offer is available only on shop.presonus.com through the month of February–Click here to get the Saxophone bundle for less—while you still can.
The lauded Studio 192 Mobile, like all of our interfaces, ships with the award-winning Studio One Artist. But for a limited time, we’re throwing in around $210 USD worth of extras to sweeten the deal. Why? Because we’re nice. Hurry, this offer ends April 30!
The Artist Power Pack includes the following software, all compatible with the included Studio One Artist:
- Third-Party VST/UA/ReWire support: tap into the vast library of third-party effects and instruments available all over the web
- MP3 Converter: Export your tracks to portable, great-sounding MP3s to share with friends, family, and clients
- Channel Strip Collection: Add some unique character to your mixes with these two channel strips modeled from top-of-the-line hardware
- Studio One Remote Support: Control Studio One from your iPad! Great for solo drummers—no need to run back and forth to the control room every time you miss a hi-hat.
The Studio 192 Mobile offers all the processing power of its bigger brother, the Studio 192. Record in Sterling 192 kHz quality on the go—its small footprint makes it easy to record everywhere, from dorm rooms to garages.
This offer is available worldwide.
Here’s a list of things that are better in pairs:
- Turtle Doves
- Simon and Garfunkel
- Anything wrapped in bacon
A pair of AIR12 Loudspeakers!
Now through March 31, 2017 save $200 when you buy a pair of AIR12 Loudspeakers–that’s about $999 for the pair!
The AIR12 Loudspeakers are a part of a family of compact and lightweight active loudspeakers aimed at mobile and install applications. They’re easily portable and feature 1,200 watts of Class D/Class AB power with digital tuning functions.